Monday, April 30, 2007

before i die


this is an amazingly beautiful song...i would highly recommend you go and listen to it...


i like the idea here. i think too often christians think about salvation as something that happens after death...as if this life weren't worth the time of day. but really? if the physical world wasn't important, we wouldn't be here. if we could live inside salvation every day, while we're here...doesn't that just seem more meaningful than keeping a tally list of good works or number of masses attended, or any number of other things so that once we drop dead, we'll have a ticket to "real" or "eternal" life? we are already in the midst of eternal lives...our souls are alive now, tied to our physical bodies so that we can recognize our spirituality. that's my thought for the day. that, and that i think you really, really should go listen to this song...it's gorgeous.




Before I Die

Written by Roma di Luna, 2005

From our debut album "The Face of My Friends"


I work so hard, nearly every

Break my back to put money away

But just you wait I'm gonna leave this place

Before I die


There is a place, in my love's arms

Keeps me safe and far from harm

And its in that place I'm gonna spend some time

Before I die


You say you're worried about your dirty past

I say it's harder always looking back

You got to be free from all of that

Before you die


I have joy, and I have peace

Forget this world and all its greed

I left it all to be redeemed

Before I die


Take me home; take me there

Give Him my burdens and all my cares

Oh precious savior

Oh take my soul

Before I die


I work so hard nearly everyday

I break my back to put money away

But just you wait

I'm gonna leave this place

Before I die


No comments: